Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Journey Begins...

I departed on Thursday, January 11 for Newark, took a flight to Reagan National in DC and a friend picked me up. I arrived at Andrews Air Force Base for about three hours of processing stretched out to three days. On Saturday, 1/12 I was able to hang out with my navy unit. Saturday evening my dinner friends took me out for some food and football.

On Sunday, January 13, I flew down to Norfolk, VA for one week of processing, mostly medical and trying to get the transition to active duty complete. Other than getting six shots including small pox and anthrax, I'm surviving all right.

On Saturday a few hundred of us will take a bus to South Carolina for three weeks of training.

7 comments:

Dr. Murphy said...

Hey! This is your ATA doing an intial check on the inner workings of the blog. I'll be starting on the invites tomorrow. (And this is signed "dr. murphy" because this is the same blogger account I use with my class)

dcannan said...

Everything works as advertised. This should be a great way to stay up to date!

Shauna said...

Thanks Kathy for setting this up! This is a wonderful idea - a great way to keep in touch and find out what's happening, half a world away. Oh, and I am signed "Eva St. Clare" since this is the same blogger account I use with MY two classes. Anyone know from what text this young heroine originates? Ithan's literary expertise is limited to Shakespeare (methinks). Oh, and Ithan - I"ve been waiting to use the bathroom now for 20 minutes. When are you coming to cover my class?! :-)
---Shauna

SAR said...

Sounds like you are acually having an okay NMPS "visit" - or are you editing?

By the way, my group's experience dictates, if the anthraz didn't burn this time, it will next time - and vice versa. FYI.

The Other Stacey

Sheree said...

Hi Ithan, this is great...between this and Skype we should be able to stay in touch with you....On the home front, I watched Aaron talk to you on Skype last night...I think he's a little confused but catching on...It's great that he can actually see you...he's starting to feel better....getting back to his happy self...now I'll go to work on Stacey.
Mom

KK said...

IZ,
Watch out for those shots......rumor is that they stick mood enhancing herbs in the vaccine!! Just kidding, be well. Big question, can you get American Idol Feeds?
ps. My students are choosing their classes for next year, they are all hoping that your name will be on their schedule. (quite a compliment)
-Karen

KK said...

oops....What no spell check! Moral of the story, don't hit publish without proofing first. Now, That's a complement!