It started earlier than I thought it would, but I have some problems with the computer already aside from generally poor wireless connections. I am posting this from another guy's computer, so don't know when I'll be posting again or answering email due to this problem. Looks like my Sunday will be spent on the phone with my friend Dell. It's not my fault!
Friday went well for me, I shot well with both weapons. We had a short land navigation class, using a map and compass and learned how the army locates points on a map - simpler and quicker than trying to get lat/long and generally effective.
Saturday afternoon was off and I was able to get a haircut and pick up a few things. In the evening a few of us got together at a little club/bar they have set up a few building down from where we sleep. I suppose you might compare it to Rosie's from MASH. About seven of us who barely know each other were laughing like crazy and telling sea stories from years ago. Some things never change.
Hopefully, I'll be through these computer issues at some point. We "graduate" on Wednesday, Feb 6 and then travel off during the next couple days. I'll be headed to Kuwait to the famed Udari Range for some slightly advanced training in shooting and convoy operations. I surely do not know if I'll have any Internet access during that week, but we'll see, stranger things have happened.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi Ithan. Try number two for me. Just wanted to say thanks for sharing in your journeys. I have to admit I am getting quite an education. The chick flicks that I watch have not prepared me for some of your posts. I am learning and trying to keep up. LOL!!!
Gee I hope Dell can get your computer problems solved. Maybe if you tell them how much it costs to call on the phone to Afghanistan and that your father is going to sue them for every nickle he has to spend times four for aggravation because it must be their fault!!!
Hi Ithan-
Glad to hear you've had some time to spend with friends. Sheree and I enjoyed spending time with Stacey and Aaron yesterday. Aaron was lots of fun. Sheree got him to eat carrots and edamame. I showed him the trains upstairs. He didn't seem to quiate know what to make of them the first time around, but I think he began to like them.
Hope all continues to go well.
Robert
Another movie line, grandfather may need a glossary.
Sorry I couldn't get your machine fixed last night... leave it to Vista.
Good luck with DELL.
Post a Comment