Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Adjustments

Alyssa and Stacey came home yesterday. I understand it was very rough, especially on Aaron. He has been doing all right, but under a lot of stress as he doesn’t understand everything. He had to spend two nights away from his own house and had a tough time going to school yesterday. He’s getting better though. He has been tolerant of ‘Lyssa so far. I spoke with him today and that went well. Alyssa is a little angel just like her brother was and doesn’t cry too much, just when she is getting changed because it is cold. She only woke Stacey up once last night to get fed, what a sweetheart.

Work here is moving along. I don’t hear about things that happen here in the news back home. Apparently, if it doesn’t happen in Iraq, the media ignores it. Everyone understands the picture painted by our lovely media has little to do with the whole picture. On a positive note, yesterday, May 19 marked my 22nd commissioning anniversary. That means a “step” pay raise, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Thanks for the email everyone. I received a couple from my former students as well, very nice. I am planning some blog posts that are not baby or home related, they will deal with some issues we have over here that I hope will be of interest to you all. So, stay tuned.

6 comments:

grandfather said...

I call Stacey every day so I'm pretty well caught up on my grand childen and Stacey. She's terrific on not calling me a pest! 22 years since I got to pin on your Ensign's bar. I can't believe it!
Yes, the only news we seem to get on Afghanistan is when there is a casualty or the Taliban is active but no real details. I will look forward to some "real scoop" as best you can (are allowed to) tell it.
Don't worry Aaron will come around and Alyssa is only 3 days old and already making a great impression.

SCannon said...

Ithan,

The lack of news from Afghanistan on the major networks is part of the reason why I assign (my AP Gov and IPLE kids) watching the BBC news every night. If the American public only watched the major networks to get their international news, they would have no idea that Afghanistan exists. Sadly, the same can be said of entire continents, Africa and South America to be precise.

It's coming up to Senior Awards season. Don't know who won it for your department, but I'm very happy about the winner in mine. As an added bonus, I get to announce the S.Studies winner...the student is totally deserving. At least we Socialists got this one thing right!

You're not missing much on the Pirates front. Predictably, they are already 6 1/2 games out. It could be worse though: the Yanks are also 6 1/2 out and they are spending nearly $158.5M more than you to be that far out this early in the season. And they say money can buy you happiness.

We've posted Alyssa's arrival notice about the faculty areas. A few strategically located of course. Everyone is very happy for you guys!

Take Care,

Sean

I.Z. said...

The Bucs are only two games under with half the team on the DL. Ya gotta believe. I understand two students I recommended for the Environmental award won, so that is a good thing. Thanks to those who posted the birth at school, I'm very happy about that. Still a lot of adjustments going on at home for Aaron, difficult times.

Anonymous said...

Hi Uncle Ithan,
First, Congrats!! I took a day off from work yesterday to see Alyssa and of course Aaron. Mom, Jacob and his gf Steph came along too. Alyssa is as cute as new borns get! Stacey is doing well and seems really happy.

Aaron seems confused, but when Mom and I picked him up from school, he was excited to go to "Mommy's House". We (I) played with him for almost 3 hours. I am not sure who is more tired me or him. He was back to his normal self after about 20 minutes of being "confused". He is so much fun!

I taught him how to say "shh Lissa" and "Don't Cry". It was very cute. He is saying so much. Stacey was surprised b/c we asked him how old he was going to be and he said two, what a smart boy.

I sent you pictures today of Me, Alyssa and Aaron, not the three of us though. All the pictures are from yesterday's visit. If you didnt get them let me know and I will re-send them.

xoxo

msgcpa said...

congrats, dad

Sheree said...

Ithan-
Because the delivery was so quick, Alyssa looked near perfect in the hospital - everything was right. Aaron was slow to adjust to mom and Alyssa in the hospital, but he was fine and hugging his mom after a half hour. He is such an affectionate boy when he feels comfortable; I still think he has the best temperment ever. His speech continues to accelerate as he is more readily putting two work sentences together. He still has moments when he is incomprehensible, but he is always fun. He just watches everything.