Thursday, May 8, 2008

Computer Problems Continue

My computer is still down hard. Many hours already spent with Dell and performing useless tests. I've had a few people offer me their computers so I can use the web portal for the delivery. I'll have to download software to do that, which I'll have to get on top of tonight. Additionally, the base is going through some access upgrades, which is good, but we lose connectivity for a day or days. Timing could not have been worse. After all the trouble my mother-in-law went through to set all this up, it will be a shame if I can't connect.

Not too many highlights of the past week. Our Deputy Director returned, but the General leaves again soon, so it's a wash for my time, not much will change. During lunch the other day we had the Jazz Band of the Army Airborne come over to play for a little while. They were very good, a band of six - drums, sax, tuba, trombone, clarinet, and trumpet. A nice distraction for a 45 minutes.

I had to switch rooms again, never a fun time. I am on my third room on base and am well into double-digits for different rooms (or places to sleep) since this deployment started. I'll look forward to not living out of a seabag. I have around 13 weeks before I'll be home if all goes as scheduled.

That's about all for now. Hopefully, I'll be up on my own computer at some point.

4 comments:

grandfather said...

Sorry about your computer. I hope you can get it back on line soon.Stacey is doing great, she looks terrific. She says she needs at least 10 more days to get ready for the baby so I gave them to her.
That means you have until approximately the 18th to get your computer working again.
We spent Tuesday afternoon in East Brunswick ( Amy, Marion and me). We had dinner out and Aaron was the star of the show. He is a real gentleman at the restaurant and we ordered him a baked potato which he loved. It was so big Stacey took half back for his next meal. Amy got Aaron to say "gran fa-fa". That's the best he can do so far. She told him to say Mel and he said it perfectly but to tell the truth I'll stick with gran fa-fa for now!
I hope your room switches are all upgrades! If not we will have Marc call the company.
Stay Cool!

KK said...

Ithan,

So sorry about your computer problems. It's all about the bandwith. I've heard of muscial chairs, but musical rooms? Wow, thirteen weeks? Hang in there.

Karen

msgcpa said...

You would think the DELL support there would the best, aren't they like local?

Sheree said...

Ithan-
Hopefully, you will have your computer back online soon. Time is near, we had our cellphone on vibrate at the movies tonight.
Aaron was very funny last night at the Grove. I couldn't tell exactly what was so funny, but there was no doubt he knew. The whole restaurant was tuned into his laughter. How does the weather change as we move into summer here? Are there wet and dry seasons? I'm attending the senior prom tomorrow night, so maybe the prom will be lucky again. We're all waiting.