Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Delayed

The aircraft has been delayed at least 24 hours with no explanation given. Unfortunately, this is the Navy I remember. I'll update as I can.

9 comments:

grandfather said...

Hang in there baby! You're in the home stretch!!!

SCannon said...

Hurry and wait, huh?

I.Z. said...

OK, the update is that as of early this afternoon, we will be on our way after dinner and leave after the 24 delay. If that holds, I'll next post from the US unless I figure out a way to do it during our layover, which isn't likely. Our group hasn't had much luck with travel, but this time I think our luck will change. We'll all be glad to put this place behind us. It wasn't bad, we've just been here too long.

Terry said...

I like the sound of "post from the US".
Breathe!
Terry

Shauna said...

You're almost there (or here). Can't wait! Just ate at a Johnny Rockets, only to find out that they have one in Kuwait. I hope you were able to swing by and check it out. Not only did I consume a lunch that included three different types of meat, but we also enjoyed a performance by the the waitstaff dancing to Saturday Night Fever. Would love to see the Kuwait version.

Can't wait for the dinner you owe Jane and me, but it won't be Johnny Rockets! Be safe.

Dr. Murphy said...

I'm glad to be back on US soil. I hope you are back now as well, and just couldn't get to the internet yet. I keep checking...

(By the way, this is Kathy using my pseudonym of "K" from our vacation blog. Are we clever, or what?)

I.Z. said...

My next post will be from the states as I said, this is just a comment. I am currently in Ramstein, Germany and we are going through a very painful trip, on Day 14 right now, where we have been misled by the navy and treated indifferently by the air force. There is a lot of blame to go around. I have a long story to tell, we'll see when I can tell it.

Anonymous said...

Ithan,
Breath deeply if you can. If not, don't worry, I'm doing it for you. Can't wait to hear that you are safely within the confines of the garden state.
Love,
Natasha

KK said...

Hopefully, while you are waiting they at least have the Olympic feeds for you to watch and help pass the time. Your marathon is just about over!